Thursday, April 9, 2009

Greens, Greens, Greens....

I'll be posting pictures very soon of the seedlings I've got going. Unfortunately I think I'm not going to get any bells unless I get a cloche going a.s.a.p. The peppers that are growing in the greenhouse at Joe's Garden are envy-inspiring. Parke and I went to Joe's last weekend and walked through the greenhouses. The first deep breath upon entering the greenhouses filled me with an unspeakable joy. The smell! Ah the sweet, sweet smell!

I told Parke, you're looking at our future. He just smiled, and said, let's start small first.

Ah spring is in the air and I'm excited excited excited!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are off to a great start of a garden! My birdhouse gourds, luffas and like seedlings are doing well. I still don't know about those spindly, leggy tomato sprouts I got going though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been told that to combat leggy tomatoes, you have to pull off all the side branches and leave a few good strong ones and then cover the tomato plant with more soil to encourage it to thicken. But what the heck do I know? I've not tried tomatoes yet. They're on my to-do list for this season. As soon as Joe's has some starts ready to go outside, then I'll start my first tomatoes. Yay!

    ReplyDelete